Our week was okay, all issues thought-about. I really celebrated my thirty eighth birthday yesterday (see extra on that beneath) and felt a variety of love. Ryan was touring (he returns immediately) however we chatted a number of instances a day and I stuffed my week with traditional child commitments and in addition managed to get in some high quality time with associates within the type of lengthy walks (my favourite method to catch up!) and my girlfriends additionally came to visit and shocked me with items and playing cards and treats after the boys had been in mattress on Tuesday evening.
I’m prepared for the weekend forward (plans embody a fishing derby and two soccer video games) and hope to seek out my manner again into extra common running a blog subsequent week. Thanks for being right here.
Issues I’m Loving Friday
As I discussed above, my birthday was Thursday and it’s form of loopy to assume I’m 38 years outdated. In a single breath, I undoubtedly don’t really feel 22 anymore however in one other breath 38 seems like a real grownup, a real grown up. Once I take a step again and take into consideration how I’m feeling at 38, the previous 2 weeks of grief not withstanding, I’d say I’m feeling extra complicated but extra comfy with myself. I really feel extra complicated in that there’s a lot extra I take into consideration that weighs on my coronary heart day by day however I’m extra comfy with who I’m, what I would like out of life, who I encompass myself with and the household Ryan and I’ve created collectively. That is truthfully one thing I could write a weblog put up about as a result of I’ve a variety of ideas about “rising up” after you’re “grown up” however I’ll save these ideas for one more day.
As for my birthday, I spent it with our boys. (Ryan was really out of city on a piece journey however despatched flowers and labored on playing cards and surprises for me with the boys that he hid earlier than he left which made me smile.) I used to be alleged to make my method to Patterson Farms with the boys’ preschool for a day of strawberry selecting yesterday however the climate derailed our plans so we pivoted and stuffed the remainder of our day with wet day enjoyable: Board video games, do-it-yourself ice cream, early pajama time and tales. It was a relaxed, uneventful day but it surely was additionally a very good day.
It’s been a sizzling second since I’ve discovered myself as obsessive about a sequence as I’ve grow to be with the A Court of Thorns and Roses (ACOTAR) sequence. It’s an exceptional mix of fantasy, drama, humor and romance (it’s steamyyy) and even if the second and third books within the sequence are dictionary-size novels, I flew by means of them and didn’t discover one single web page or chapter tedious or mundane. I cherished each web page and really chapter and am attempting to pull out the fourth e-book within the sequence as a result of I don’t need the expertise of studying these books to be over. I do know I discussed the primary e-book on this weblog a number of weeks in the past however I can solely say the sequence explodes and will get SO MUCH BETTER as you retain going. Should you’re on the fence about this sequence, give it a shot and by the second e-book, I’ve a sense you’ll be all-in on this one, too. I don’t need to share plot summaries concerning the second and third books within the sequence as a result of it will give away an excessive amount of however know my rankings for each the second and third books could be a stable A. Love, love, love them. These books have really been a present for me particularly throughout a time after I’ve wanted an escape and a little bit spark of pleasure in my life on the finish of the day.
It’s been 4 months since we moved into our new dwelling and I’m so, so completely happy to report we lastly have grass. I can not let you know how thrilled we’re to have grass in our yard as a substitute of messy crimson clay, particularly with three very outdoorsy boys who virtually stay exterior. We anticipated to have grass a very long time in the past however an unseasonably moist winter saved delaying issues. The timing of our grass appeared to coincide with hotter temperatures and sunny spring climate so we’re past thrilled to have a yard with smooth, lush grass the place our boys can play for hours and hours.
Our earlier dwelling had a small yard on a big slope so it wasn’t preferrred, although our boys 100% thrived in our earlier yard and spent hours on the lookout for slugs and worms underneath all the rocks. An enormous a part of the rationale we bought the lot we did was for the flat yard and lake entry. House is the place we’re all happiest and Ryan and I stated having grass down and the power to truly take pleasure in our yard and land is pushing us into “Part 2” of our transfer into our new dwelling: The skin period! We’re prepared for it!
Isn’t it bizarre how you end up gravitating towards sure music relying in your temper or what you’re going by means of in life? Elton John is my man proper now. I grew up listening to his music due to my dad and mom however one thing about his music is touchdown completely for me proper now. It’s not too loopy or intense. It’s not too upbeat or completely happy. It’s additionally not too miserable or unhappy. It’s only a excellent mix of nostalgic, comforting, lovely and peaceable.
A number of weeks in the past I bought a make-up bag with adhesive letters on it for my pal Laurel when she came visiting. I really needed it to have numbers on it however the little boutique I visited didn’t have any numbers accessible. (My concept was for her bag to have the room variety of the room we shared in our sorority home — Room 12 foreverrr!) Anyway, all of this lead me to ultimately Google to see if I might discover adhesive numbers which then led me to discovering a mega-pack of those adhesive letter stickers. I rapidly realized I might purchase a bunch of them to make use of for future items and initiatives. I can see these being excellent for birthday items (a mini backpack or purse for a little bit lady), make-up luggage, instructor items, mini tote luggage, pool luggage and extra. This discovery had me a little bit too giddy (I’ve already made two makeup bags for girlfriends you might even see above) and am excited to proceed to place them to make use of for enjoyable personalised gifting!
Beneath you will discover a recap of the highest 10 hottest weblog posts and your prime 10 favourite gadgets from April 2023. Hopefully this can aid you uncover some weblog posts you will have missed or aid you simply find an merchandise I’ve talked about prior to now that bought buried in weblog/social media mayhem.
Prime 10 Weblog Posts:
Your Prime 10 Favorites:
- TUL Pens (No lie, one other pack of those pens was one in all solely two gadgets I had on my birthday “want checklist” when my mother and sister requested me what I needed for my birthday. These pens have formally claimed the “finest pen ever” spot on my semi-ridiculous checklist of pens I like.)
- Beauty By Earth Sunless Tanning Lotion (Clear substances, applies like lotion, seems pure and doesn’t scent. My fav!)
- Diamond Painting Stickers (These had been within the huge children’ Easter baskets this 12 months and so they’ve been successful.)
- Amazon Free People Dupe Jumpsuit (The crazy-comfy jumpsuit that appears identical to Free Folks’s Sizzling Shot Jumpsuit!)
- Biggie Beads (I like what number of of our children are obsessive about these items now! Our boys ask to do them on a regular basis.)
- Elk & Friends Glass Cups with Silicone Sleeves (The cups we bought the boys for Easter. Dishwasher secure and the blue/grey/inexperienced colour set we bought was lastly restocked once more.)
- Amber Glass Soap Dispensers (The dish and hand cleaning soap dispensers we’ve got in our kitchen. They’re lovely and have held up rather well — no corrosion! — within the 4+ months we’ve had them.)
- Instant Pot Air Fryer (Our countertop air fryer! We really use this a number of instances per week.)
- Dr. Brand Liquid Sun Shield (The sunscreen I put on on my face each single day. I swear it features virtually like a primer, too, and makes my make-up look higher after I apply make-up on prime of it. Additionally value noting: It additionally has zero white forged!)
- AGOLDE Parker Jean Shorts (I don’t know why these popped up as a finest vendor since I blogged about them so way back however possibly an outdated weblog put up gained traction someplace on the web and so they bought some consideration? Regardless of the cause, I stand by these as the very best jean shorts, particularly in case you have a booty and hips.)
Easy BBQ Meatloaf (This recipe will without end remind me of our engagement/early marriage days as a result of it was a recipe I made on repeat 10+ years in the past. It continues to be a fav in our home!)
Chocolate Chia Seed Protein Pudding (Aka what I had for breakfast 3x this week!)
Query of the Day
How are you doing? I’d like to know. Something thrilling occurring in your life? Any enjoyable summer time plans on the horizon?